Outlet Protection Products
Course Zero: E03-005
Credit: 3 PDH
Continuing Education and Development, Inc.
9 Greyridge Farm Court
Stony Stage, NY 10980
P: (877) 322-5800
N: (877) 322-4774
CIRCUIT SAFEGUARD DEVICES
After completion of this chapter it will be easy to:
1 ) State the reasons circuit security is needed and three conditions requiring routine protection. installment payments on your Define a direct short, a great excessive current condition, and an extreme heat state. 3. State the way in which routine protection devices are linked in a outlet. 4. Discover two types of circuit protection devices and label the schematic icons for each type. 5. Determine a plug-type and a cartridge-type fuse (open rather than open) via illustrations. 6. List three characteristics with which fuses happen to be rated and state the meaning of each rating. Identify a plug-type and a cartridge-type fuse (open and not open) from pictures. 7. List the three types of time postpone rating for fuses and state a use for each and every type of time-delay rated blend.
8. List the three categories of time delay rating intended for fuses and state a use for each and every type of time-delay rated fuse. Identify fuses as to volt quality, current, and time postpone ratings using fuses designated with the old military, fresh military, aged commercial, and new commercial systems. List the three types of time postpone rating pertaining to fuses and state a use for every single type of time-delay rated blend. 9. Recognize a clip-type and a post-type merge holder by illustrations and identify the connections used on a post-type fuse holder for electrical power source and load connections. twelve. List the techniques of looking at for a fuse, those items to check once replacing a fuse, the protection precautions being observed when ever checking and replacing combines, and the circumstances to be checked for when conducting preventative maintenance upon fuses. eleven. Select a right replacement and substitute fuse from a listing of fuses. 12. List the five main components of a circuit breaker and the three types of circuit breaker trip elements.
13. Describe the way in which each type of trip element reacts to excessive current. 14. Determine the signal breaker terms trip-free and nontrip-free and state an example for the use of all these types of circuit breakers.
15. List the three time delay evaluations of circuit breakers.
16. Define selective tripping, state why it truly is used, and state the way in which the time delay ratings of circuit breakers are used to style a selective tripping system. 17. Discover the factors used in selecting circuit breakers. 2-1
18. List things to follow before you start work on a circuit breaker and the what to be examined when keeping circuit breakers.
CIRCUIT PROTECTION DEVICES
Electricity, like fire, can be either helpful or harmful to individuals who use it. A fireplace can keep people warm and comfortable when it is restricted in a campfire or a furnace. It can be risky and destructive if it is on the loose and uncontrolled inside the woods or in a building. Electrical energy can provide people with the light to see by or, in a blinding flash, ruin their visual acuity. It can help save people's lives, or it could kill them. While we take advantage of the tremendous benefits electricity can provide, we must make sure protect those and devices that use that.
It is necessary then simply, that the mighty force of electricity end up being kept in order at all times. In the event that for some reason it should get out of control, there must be a procedure for protecting people and gear. Devices have been developed to guard people and electrical brake lines from power and voltages outside their very own normal operating ranges. A few examples of these devices are reviewed in this section. While you study this phase, it should be taken into account that a routine protection system is used to keep an undesirably large current, voltage, or power rise out of the given component to an electrical routine....